Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day One

I signed up at Postcrossing.com on October 5th. Basically I had heard about Postcrossing here and there a number of times, and thought it sounded pretty cool, but never really looked into it. Then, earlier this month, being in a situation where I was neither working nor studying (this not through my own choice) the site came to mind again and I decided to take a closer look at it.

At first glance it sounded really good. :-) I decided to sign up - quick and easy - and then to try it for myself. As a novice I could send out up to five cards to start. I had some (identical) postcards already lying around, so I requested five addresses and sent the cards off that very day.

Well, it works. :-) I sent my first cards out on October 5th, and I received my first card on October 9th. And even though it's only been a couple of weeks, I've sent out and received several more since then. I've set up this blog as a way to show off this new hobby of mine - because I can already tell that I'm not going to get tired of this any time soon ;-) - more than what is possible on the Postcrossing site itself. Although I may cross-post from time to time, I don't want to clutter up my main blog with all these postcards. ;-)

So ... this blog will mostly be for myself, although input is welcome, and hopefully one day it will inspire someone else to join Postcrossing. I can only hope. :-)

No comments: