Sunday, November 8, 2009

Received card #7

My seventh received card was my first American one ... the second of those, in a way, because I'd also sent a card to Richmond, Maine, earlier. Actually not a lot since the US is the second biggest country on Postcrossing. But I'm not complaining, of course. Variety is the spice of life. :-)

This card came from Grand Rapids in Michigan. Debbie, the sender, is a single mother of a four year old boy, and she told me that she's recently been getting more and more into reading with her son. Awesome!! I'm sure she mentioned this because I've got a lot about books and reading and BookCrossing on my profile. I was happy to hear it, because I believe reading is so important, especially to children who have their educations ahead of them. Read to your kids, people!! It makes so many things so much easier for them in their lives. I was happy to hear what Debbie had to say.

The card was sent on October 7th, and it traveled 6,324 kilometers to reach me on October 16th.

No comments: