Saturday, January 9, 2010

DIY postcards and more

I love my postcards from moo.com that I wrote about in an earlier blog post. Moo also has other great products that I was very interested in. So when they offered a free shipping deal on orders made in November, I couldn't resist. :-) I got some more postcards ...

... some stickers with my own photos too, nine different ones in a booklet of 90 ...

... some of their MiniCards, which are about half the size of standard business cards and can be printed with the photo or artwork of your choice on one side, and with whatever text you want on the other. They come in packs of 100, and I uploaded 49 photos, so I got two of each design + a couple of extras. :-) On the text side (which of course you have the option of leaving blank) I put the urls for my main blog, my Youtube channel, my photostream on Flickr and a couple more places. :-) Adorable MiniCards ... !

... that come in a box for easy storage. And I bought a holder to carry them in, too. V. handy. ;-)

And finally of course I couldn't resist their Mosaic Frame, which lets you create art *cough* out of your MiniCards. It's just too cool. I had to have it. :-)

I ordered all of this on November 30th, and my order arrived in two packages, on December 15th and 16th. Pretty good in the Christmas rush. :-)

And just to make it absolutely clear, I totally love all my new stuff and am genuinely impressed with the quality this company delivers. I recommend them strongly to anyone considering purchasing this kind of product.

2 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Ah, that settles it! I've been wondering whether to have some postcards made at Moo, and now I will. I wonder if they count as home-made though? Some people ask not to be given home-made cards.

Leisha Camden said...

You should definitely try them. Their products are really excellent quality. I am soo happy with my moo cards. :-) The first time I ordered from them I have to say they were much better than I'd even expected. :-)

About them being home-made, I don't know. I actually don't think so, I think that what most people mean by home-made are cards that aren't photo cards ... ? But just to be on the safe side I don't send my moo cards to people who don't want home-made. The only exception would be, I guess, if I had a moo card that fit someone's interests exactly, even if they had 'no home-made' on their profile. I mean, if someone wished for cards with a turtle, for instance. ;-) Otherwise I'd just avoid it. :-)

Good luck with your moo cards! :-)