Saturday, January 2, 2010

Swap #7

My 7th swap was initiated by the other member too ... I got an email out of the blue from Matteo in Italy who wanted to swap a postcard for a stamp. The stamp was a Norwegian one that he claimed existed but that I had never heard of. :-D At first I was tempted to just dismiss the whole thing, but a quick Google search never hurt anyone ... and of course he was right, there was such a stamp. :-) It was released on October 8th, World Sight Day, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the Norwegian Association for the Blind.

Matteo lives in Guastalla, not far from Verona, so I asked if he could send me a card from the latter. Sure he could. :-) This arrived on December 11th.

I sent the stamp off on December 12th, in mint condition of course, and it arrived safely on December 21st. A nice addition to Matteo's collection, I hope. :-)

Matteo may turn up on this blog again, since we may do some more swaps in the future, if there are any other Norwegian stamps I can help him with. Or maybe - since we are both huge ESC fans - there will be an interesting postcard or two available in Oslo this coming May ... ? ;-) There will definitely be ESC commemorative stamps, so I'm pretty sure I'll be hearing from Matteo again. :-D

No comments: