Friday, December 4, 2009

Received card #18

My 18th card arrived on November 5th, from Ulm in Germany. I was a little confused by the German stamp at first, because the picture on the card made me think it was from Barcelona. :-D Very unusual architecture, certainly. However, Tanja, the sender (who is in Germany's top ten - I'm impressed!), said that it's a house in the region of Ulm. An apartment building designed by the Austrian architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser, and so it's called the Hundertwasser House. I think it's beautiful, I'd love to live in a house like that. :-)

Tanja, like Ana, included her address on the card, but she didn't just want to be sent a card back ... she wanted to swap some cards with me, ie, exchange postcards between us for a while. Of course I was up for that. :-) Tanja visited Oslo on vacation some years ago and I guess she'd like some cards from here. She'll be mentioned on the blog later too. :-)

The card was sent on November 2nd, so it covered its 1,282-kilometer journey in just three days.

No comments: