Monday, December 28, 2009

Swap #6

My 6th completed swap was initiated by me. I was just surfing the site and came across Anca in Romania, who likes to show off her country through Postcrossing - something I can relate to ;-) - and is also interested in swaps. So I emailed her to ask if we could swap with each other, and she sent me a link to her Flickr album where she has photos of various cards she has to trade. So many pretty and interesting ones! I couldn't choose just one ... ;-)

We ended up deciding to swap ten (!!) for ten cards ... and since I much prefer postcards to have writing on them, even if it's only a greeting, we agreed to write a little something on all of the cards, something about the place shown on the card, or whatever we could think of. Anca really went the extra mile and wrote as much as she could possibly make room for on each card. :-)

This wonderful pile of postcards arrived in my mailbox on December 4th.

And I sent these off to Rădăuţi on December 8th. Anca has 16 items listed on her wish list on her profile; I wanted to cover as many of these as possible with the cards I sent and managed to check 13 items off the list. Not too shabby. (And one of the remaining three shouldn't really count - skyscrapers - because there aren't any in Norway ;-).)

They arrived safely too and we were both very happy with the swap. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a good friend of Anca and maybe we can swap too.
Please visit my blog: http://postcard-travel-guide.blogspot.com/